My son, Jackson, is at the stage of wanting to be my helper all the time. We thought this would be the best time to introduce chores. I've been reading a bit on this, and something has struck me. A lot of Jackson's responsibilities around the house before now have been centered around him -- picking up his toys, making his bed, and cleaning up after himself, etc. However, we are now encouraging him to do tasks that are contributing to the benefit of everyone in the house, not just himself. Trying to make my little guy a responsible man someday!
He's been great with it. I keep finding new tasks to teach him. He especially loves unpacking groceries and helping me put them away. He also "helps" me to carry the laundry upstairs, clear and wipe the table after meals, and my favorite, he wants to rub my back just like Daddy! I'm thinking that may be a permanent chore. ;-)
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Little Helper
Posted by Courtney at 9:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
check out my post today... ethan is trying to say jackson. We put a picture of jackson on the fridge and he goes up to it and says "ya-son".... SO cute! Of course he won't do it in person if we try!
I hope the zoo was great!!!!
Post a Comment