Clinton, McCain, Obama, Romney, Richardson, Huckabee, Guiliani, Thompson, Edwards, Keyes, Paul & more..... Do you know all of these names? I've been doing a little bit of reading about the individuals running for President in '08. Mostly because I feel completely in the dark about who's running. It seems to me that a few names keep circulating in the media and, frankly, most of them are a quite scary to me. So, I wondered about those that I was not hearing much about... and I felt guilty that I didn't know much about any of the candidates (Red or Blue) & the issues for which they stand.
Here's part of the reason to why I was uneducated about the candidates (according to this article).... Around the US, presidential hopefuls are soliciting the votes of Americans - but not in NC. Since the primary is not until the late date of May 6th, NC is basically overlooked by candidates at this point, who focus on those battle states of SC, New Hampshire, Iowa and the like. Which means that by the time we North Carolinians get our say, many candidates have dropped out - possibly some that could have best represented the needs of our state. There have been people trying to get the primary moved up to February, but I don't think it has been changed at this time.
So, I'm reading up and learning about who is out there and what they are "selling". What about you?? Next year will be an interesting election year, and I challenge you, friends, to go into the election year with accurate facts before the heinous commercials hit NC, or wherever you are.
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Learning who's who - getting political
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment