CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I am happy to be alive

Last night I wasn't quite so sure I'd make it.

Yesterday afternoon I started to feel a little bit out of it. I actually took a nap for the first time in years. Not that I have anything against them. I'm just a terrible napper - they usually make me feel worse. Unlike Mike who is quite proficient at napping anywhere, anytime. In fact, I fear he's close to becoming a narcoleptic.

But I digress...

The afternoon progressed and I developed a minor sinus headache. I took some sinus medicine and noticed that we were out of pain medicine. I drank some hot tea and tried to relax a bit. Mike came home and took Jackson outside to play with the neighbors. By the time they returned I had a full-blown headache that was throbbing. I sent Mike to the store for meds. By the time he returned I was certain I had a migraine.

I have never had a migraine before. Let me assure you that I hope to never endure one again. I felt nauseous. I could not get comfortable. I laid in a fetal position, lights out, compress on my forehead and just held my head and prayed. It was completely debilitating. I don't know what I would've done without Mike there to help with Jackson and take care of me. Sometime around 9:30 the medicine kicked in and I fell asleep.

I have always felt that I had a relatively high tolerance for pain. Labor seemed to pale in comparison to what I experienced last night. I have such sympathy for those that endure reoccuring migraines. I feel totally fine today. But, I doubt I'll go anywhere soon without some pain medicine in my bag!

0 comments: