Today has been one of the most difficult in a while... I awoke to discover that our beloved family cat, Daisy, has run off. She is a house cat and is extremely skiddish. Her escape was an accident. She's been gone for over 36 hrs without a trace.
We put up flyers (twice - and recieved a call from our town's office that we cannot do so), called SPCAs, animal control, posted it on Craigslist, and searched everywhere. We even went door-to-door in certain sections of our area.
Did I mention that she is my first pet EVER? I was never allowed to have pets growing up. Except for a fish for about 2 weeks before it died. Needless to say, I was/am VERY attached to Daisy. I grieved today like an 8 yr-old who lost their first pet. I am hopeful, but trying to prepare for the fact that she may be gone forever... and how to communicate that to Jackson. Several times today he called out "Mommy, where's daisy? DAISY! Where are you?". Ugh.
Please pray that we'll be able to find her, or that she is safe with a loving family.
PS - Thank you, again, to my awesome sister Cheri for the hugs, Starbucks, and for looking for her, too. I love you!

0 comments:
Post a Comment