It's been quite a week. I had a head-cold for the first part of the week. Monday and Tuesday were the "unfunctional" type of days - where I laid out on the couch, blew my nose, napped (a rarity for me!), and tried to occupy Jackson the best I could with quiet puzzles, computer games, books, and TV. A difficult task for my busy little bee of a son! Thankfully, I married a quaility guy and he took a 1/2 day on Monday to play with Jackson.
On Wednesday I saw much improvement so I drug Jack all around the mall. I have a case of the shopping bug right now. And, while this was productive for me and good to get out of the house, it drives Jackson bonkers to shop. Just what he needed after 2 days at home with little activity. I did reward him with chicken nuggets at the mall. Quality mom work going on here! Never fear, daddy comes home and engages him all sorts of games. You should see (or hear!) them play music together in the playroom!
Thursday, I work. It's Daddy Day. Jackson was probably so relieved! A day full of ACTIVITY - football, racecars, wrestling and the like. To my shame, my winner of a hubby cleaned house, cleaned the refrigerator shelves, and IRONED (I really hate ironing and sadly, his side of the closet was filled with a wrinkled assortment of shirts and pants). And, offers me a back-rub - my love language! Oh, how I love that man!
And, to top it all off - I have plans that take up most of the weekend. Mike has planned for this and is ready to take care of our son. I feel so guilty. So I am running around pretending to be a puppy with my son this morning. (He just licked my face. Didn't see that coming.) And we played Thomas - he gives me all the "girl trains" to play with.
Thank you, Honey! You get "Daddy/Husband of the Year"! I appreciate all that you do and how even when you have to work crazy hours, you still make time for us. I love you so much!
Friday, November 16, 2007
why I won't win any mommy awards this week...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment